Friday, May 09, 2008

Here we go......!

Yesterday I stopped in Lewistown to talk to them about the nursing program and starting classes this fall. They have a remote campus there that works through MSU-Northern. I kind of thought about taking summer classes, but after I saw the summer class schedule, I didn't think any of them applied to me.

They had other ideas though. And.....I start Monday! I am BEYOND excited, but scared to death too! The first thing I had to do was take a math placement exam. 25 questions, of which I needed to get 13 right. This is stuff I hadn't thought about for the past 12 years! But after I got going, something clicked, and I ended up getting a 20 out of 25. No prep, no review, nothing. Whew! So Monday I start 8 weeks of College Algebra. Then I immediately go into a 6 week, 4 credit Microbiology course. 2 days a week, 7 hours the first day and 6 hours the next. WOW, just wow! Having night classes and having to drive to Lewistown isn't going to be fun, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Plus throw in another 3 credit, CNA training class in June in Harlo. It will be busy, but then I will have all of August class-free before I start full-time again in September.

Daily I sit here and wonder....how the heck am I going to do this? There are days when I barely get done what I have to get done, but then add in part-time (soon full-time) college and multiple part-time jobs too?!?! I would be doing fine if I never had to sleep :) I can see having enough hours in my day then. But now, all I can see is all these balls in the air, and I look down at my two hands and pray I can do it all.

2 comments:

Kellie Johnson said...

Congratulations Jen! You can do it :). You'll get what you need to get done done AND if there is something you don't get done...it's not a priority! We'll continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Jen-I know this is a little late, but I just found out about your new adventure! Congrats on the new step. You are a very focused woman and honestly, you can do anything you put your mind to. I am very happy for you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I love you a ton and am very happy for you. Luv B