Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trip to Wyoming




























This is a little late, but just wanted to share a few pictures from Wyoming. We had a WONDERFUL time. We drove to Alpine, WY on Thursday, parked, and then you have to snowmobile in to the lodge which is about 30 miles. We were there with 22 other people. It was so much fun having other girls there to ride with too. These women have been riding for years and years and are incredible riders. I learned a lot and quickly learned to get over my fear and just go for it. (I think Court decided this may not be a good thing!) We rode all day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then rode out on Monday to come home. The riding was amazing. Miles and miles and acres of fresh powder. Definitely will be going back again next year! We didn't see any wildlife. I was hoping to see a moose, which is really common, but no luck this year.
The best part of the weekend was my Valentine's Day present. Some of you already know, but for those that don't, this....


is what I got and a proposal. I was so shocked! I didn't dream that this is what he had planned for the weekend. "Yes Court, I would love to be your wife." We have no plans whatsoever made yet, just enjoying being engaged for now:)

As much as you try to plan your life, God always has other plans of his own. In the past 2 years I have gone from one extreme to another and back again. I have learned so much about myself and life in general. I have learned to live for myself and in the process give my kids the best life I can. And for once, I have no fear and no doubts about my future. I have found someone who loves me for exactly who I am and who supports me 100%. I could sit and talk about him all day, but what I do know is I am happy. I have found exactly what I need.








1 comment:

Kellie Johnson said...

WOW! Love the update :), can you have better news?!?! Congratulations Jen, you deserve the world. Do you have a picture of the 2 of you???