2. Real tree or Artificial? Real!!! And has to be fresh from the woods that we journeyed out to find.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving we go get our tree, but this year we still don't have one! Hopefully it's nice Saturday so we can get up to the mountains.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year's
5. Do you like egg nog? Absolutely NOT! Ugh. Just the smell of it makes me gag. It reminds me of a medicine I took when I was younger that was the same consistency and color and smell. Logie likes it. Caity wouldn't try it this year yet, and Destan won't go near it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ya know what, i really don't remember one specific favorite gift. I remember year after year of cozy Christmas's surrounded by family, but really don't remember the gifts. Guess that's what Christmas is about I guess!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, it's always our favorite Christmas decoration. It's a Fontanni (sp?) set that Mom has bought us over the years. They are GREAT for kids as they are hard rubber and so durable, but they look really nice too. And my Dad made me the stable out of old wood (I think from one of the old buildings from my great great grandparents original homesite here on the ranch) Every year the kids continually arrange and rearrange everything. Here's how it looks right now
When Destan was little Baby Jesus was always used on his car track jumping off the end. Up until this year, Logie would steal all the animals and take them to his farm. (BTW Mom, we still only have 2 wisemen) Cracks us up every year when we set it up and there's only two!
8. Hardest person to buy for? The guys, always the guys.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Caity! :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Do people actually email Christmas cards? Hmm. I have our pictures all printed, guess I should get them mailed now!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The frying pan. Advice to all newlyweds. Just because your wife says she needs another frying pan doesn't mean she wants one wrapped up for Christmas!
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? Rudolph will always be my fave. But I like Elf, Christmas Vacation, and The Santa Clause.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In November. I'll at least have my list pretty well filled out and know what I'm buying or making.
14 . Do you make any Christmas gifts? Yep! Those are my favorite gifts. My Dad and Chris' parents get desk calenders w/ pictures of the kids for every month. Then I just make new ones every year. Caity is getting a dress and dolly clothes and probably atleast one other outfit. The boys are getting flannel pj pants. Oh, and I have this awesome ------- to make Chele a --------. Guess you'll have to wait and see!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade fudge, sugar cookies, & almond roca
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. Actually, I think it's the ONLY one I really like.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Love being close to family!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Everything on Christmas Eve. Santa brings the kids a present for Christmas morning and Mom and Santa fill their stockings.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? The materialistic attitude and bombardment of "stuff" they that is geared towards the Christmas season. Thankfully I only see this when I go to Billings (or whatever bigger town I'm in). This is why I try to get my shopping done early and mostly online.
23. Favorite christmas ornament? One of my Mom's that is a photo frame w/ a picture of Bry and me when we were about 2 and 4. On my own tree, the First Christmas ornaments for each of my kids.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Anything but layered lettuce salad and pretzel salad. LOL! Inside joke, but it is ALWAYS requested by the guys for all holidays and get togethers, and the cooks are TIRED of making it!



No comments:
Post a Comment